is the easiest way to share online.
Learn more »
Samsung finds exploding Galaxy S III was due to 'external source', owner says it was a 'mistake' -
"Technology" via billskrypnyk...
Remember the melted Samsung Galaxy S III that surfaced in an Irish forum a few weeks ago? Samsung said they were looking into it and, along with a third party investigation, have decided it occurred as a result of "external energy" being applied to the device, not anything from within the phone itself. The damage is apparently consistent with the phone going in the microwave. The original poster dillo2k10 has posted an update on Boards.ie, indicating it was a mistake by someone else in an attempt to recover the phone after it got wet. The Samsung Tomorrow post linked cites a report from Fire Investigations UK finding that the phone itself was not responsible for generating the heat that caused the damage, so GSIII owners (and the pockets of their skinny jeans) should be able to breathe easier. Samsung finds exploding Galaxy S III was due to 'external source', owner says it was a 'mistake' originally appeared on Engadget on Fri, 06 Jul 2012 23:36:00 EDT. Please see our terms for use of... -
©2013 FriendFeed -
Tools & Widgets